January 13, 2005
Graph VisSyllabus for all sect
The his entry covers stuff I have looked at and tried to get graph layout and visualization to work in C# for the phylogenetics project.
The basic plan thus far is:
- Use the Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX control to display and PDF file in the C# windows application. The activeX control is included with version 5.0 and higher (currently 7.0)
- Make sure Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5.0 or higher is installed on the system.
- Create a new C# windows application using the Wizard.
- Open the form toolbox.
- Right click the Windows Forms toolbox entry and select Add/Remove Items...
- Click on the COM Components tab and add a check to the Adobe Acrobat x.0 Browser Dcoument com object and click OK.
- Find the newly added Adobe Acrobat x.0 Browser Dcoument componenent in your Toolbox and add it to your form.
- Double click the added object to bring up the code area and add axAcroPDF1.LoadFile("c:\\tmp\\file.pdf"); to the axAcroPDF1_Enter(...) function.
- Build and run the application
- Actually, we want to use the Adobe SVG viewer to dispay the plots because dot can output directory to svg and svgz formats.
- Download and install the Adobe SVG viewer.
- Add the new SVG Document to you Visual Studio .NET Toolbox as described above for the PDF viewer.
- Add a panel object to you form.
- Anchor the panel object on all sides so it resizes with the window.
- Add the Adobe SVG viewer to the panel.
- Dock the viewer in its properties and set it to fill; this will let it resize with the panel.
- Set the SRC property on the SVG viewer to the file you want.
- If you overwrite the file and want the viewer to update, call its reload() member function.
- Use the GraphViz dot or neato programs to generato the layout.
- Download and instalSyllabus for al
Posted by jones at January 13, 2005 12:30 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)